I. Your Use of Contribute
You agree to access and use Contribute only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of Contribute. By accessing Contribute, you agree that you will not:
- use Contribute to commit a criminal offense or to encourage others to engage in any conduct which would constitute a criminal offense;
- use Contribute in a way to give rise to civil liability or encourage others to engage in any conduct which would give rise to civil liability;
- use Contribute to impersonate other parties or entities;
- use Contribute to upload any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse" or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of Contribute or the hardware or software of any other person who accesses Contribute;
- upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or contractual relationship;
- alter, damage, or delete any content posted on Contribute;
- disrupt Contribute or its servers or networks in any way; or
- claim a relationship with or represent any business, association, or other organization that you are not authorized to claim such a relationship with or represent.
- The CFB reserves the right to suspend a Contribute account and/or suspend access to Contribute if the CFB has reason to believe that the account/access is being used for any of the prohibited purposes enumerated in Section I(A)(1-8) above. The CFB shall provide notice of such suspension to the campaign whose login information you have entered at the email address or postal mail address the campaign has provided to the CFB.
II. Your Passwords and Account Security
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use on Contribute.
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify the CFB immediately by emailing email@example.com.
III. Information You Provide
IV. Intellectual Property
- The CFB respects the intellectual property of others and it asks its users to do the same. Service marks and trademarks contained in or displayed on Contribute, and the contents of linked sites operated by third parties, are the property of their respective owners (which may be the CFB). All other design, information, text, graphics, images, pages, interfaces, links, software, and other items and materials contained in or displayed on Contribute, and the selection and arrangements thereof, are the property of the CFB. All rights are reserved.
Digital Millenium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice/Takedown Request
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement via its display on, or other use by, Contribute, you may submit a notice pursuant to the DMCA by providing the CFB's Copyright Agent (see Section IV(E) below)with the following information in writing:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the CFB to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit the CFB to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- a statement that you (and, if applicable, the person or entity on whose behalf you are acting) have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
DMCA Counter Notice
You do not have the right to post material to NYC.gov unless given such right by the City. If the City has given you permission to post an array of material to NYC.gov, and the specific material you posted has been taken down pursuant to the DMCA, you may submit a counter-notice pursuant to the DMCA by providing the City's DMCA Designated Agent (see Section IV(E) below) with the following information in writing:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the you consent to the jurisdiction of the United States federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, that you consent for any judicial district in which jurisdiction of the City may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under Section IV(B) above or an agent of such person.
- You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements for a DMCA Notice/Counter-Notice (as applicable), your Notice/Counter-Notice may not be valid.
The CFB's designated Copyright Agent under the DMCA for Contribute is Hillary Weisman who can be reached as follows:
New York City Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10007
By email: DMCAContact@nyccfb.info
- For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Designated Agent. To request permission to use CFB intellectual property located on Contribute or for any other questions about Contribute, please contact the CFB at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 409-1800.
V. Links to Sites of Non-CFB Entities
Contribute may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are operated by parties other than the CFB. The CFB does not imply approval of the listed destinations, warrant the accuracy of any information set out in those destinations, or endorse any opinions expressed therein. Like Contribute, all other websites operate under the auspices and at the direction of their respective owners who should be contacted directly with questions regarding the content of those sites.
- CONTRIBUTE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED AND TRANSMITTED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, CONTENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, FREEDOM FROM INTERRUPTION, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, FREEDOM FROM ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF CONTENT PLACED ON CONTRIBUTE (WHETHER BY THE CFB OR A THIRD PARTY) INCLUDING ANY OF THE DESIGN, INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, PAGES, INTERFACES, LINKS, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MATERIALS AND ITEMS CONTAINED IN OR DISPLAYED ON CONTRIBUTE.
- THE CFB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY WERE FORESEEABLE) THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, CONTRIBUTE AND/OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON CONTRIBUTE WHETHER THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON CONTRIBUTE ARE PROVIDED BY THE CFB OR A THIRD PARTY.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF CONTRIBUTE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- CHANGES ARE MADE PERIODICALLY TO THE CITY CHARTER AND MANY CITY LAWS, RULES, FORMS AND SCHEDULES, AND THESE CHANGES MAY OR MAY NOT BE IMMEDIATELY REFLECTED IN THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PRESENT ON CONTRIBUTE.
VII. Miscellaneous Terms
- Nothing contained in or displayed on Contribute or in these Terms constitutes or is intended to constitute legal advice by the CFB or any of its officers, employees, agents, attorneys, or representatives.
- You agree that if the CFB does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in these Terms (or which the CFB otherwise has under applicable law), such omission will not be taken to be a formal waiver of the CFB's rights and shall not be construed to be a modification of these Terms.
- If any court of competent jurisdiction rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from these Terms without affecting the rest of these Terms. The remaining provisions of these Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- These Terms, and your relationship with the CFB under these Terms, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York (notwithstanding New York choice-of-law rules). You agree that any and all claims asserted by or against the CFB arising under or related to these Terms shall solely be heard and determined either in the courts of the United States located in the City or County of New York or in the courts of the State of New York located in the City and County of New York.
Copyright 2023 The New York City Campaign Finance Board